27 OctRaphael Sbarge checks back in after another ‘Mass Effect 3′ recording session

Actor Raphael Sbarge (Once Upon a Time) shares some more thoughts about the Mass Effect story arc and Kaidan Alenko’s development.

MP3 File

Hey – this is Raphael Sbarge, and I just left another recording session for Mass Effect and just [wanted] to say a couple things:

The feeling is that this is gonna be the most emotionally full of all three of the games – just a huge amount of crescendo of emotion and feeling, and passion and intensity. And they’re saying it is, by far, going to be the most exciting of any of the three Mass Effects so far — by far.

And then in addition to that, there was an interesting question that someone had asked me: Does Kaidan still have the sense of humor that he had in One? And I was talking about that with the director – she’s up in Edmonton, Canada, but I was talking with her and I said, you know, it was interesting, I got this question, and she said: Yeah, you know, I mean, in a certain sense, everyone’s older now. And everyone’s also been through so much, and there’s so much at stake now in this last chapter. So that, in some senses, a certain kind of a, maybe a lightness, or even at times, a glibness that we found in 1 probably won’t be present in 3, because there’s kind of a going-for-keeps kind of quality in this last incarnation.

Anyway, that was just a thought right straight from the recording room. It’s all going well; they’re on a tight deadline. I know they want to get this all done, so it can be in your hands by the first week in March.

Anyway, signing off – Kaidan Alenko here, signing off.

Post Tagged with , ,

“Emotionally full” sounds absolutely amazing. How exciting! :D I may well burst before March…

2. Jenova says:

Ooooh thanks for this :) Wonderful :)

3. Misty says:

Heh, was expecting as much with this “imminent destruction of the galaxy” thing going on in ME3. Still hoping for one of those “RTFM ma’am” moments tho ;) Thank you!

4. Elizabeth says:

Sad that Alenko won’t have those fun little moments when he says something that makes you burst out laughing. ): But I think I can sacrifice that for a lot more “steamy bits”! =D
    Aww, thanks for another blog, Sbarge and Jacqui! :3 But Jacqui, we’re waiting for out link to our donating pot! xD We want that Horizon letter, and we’re willing to donate all of our money for it!

5. Sugaafoot says:

Thanks for this! Really enjoyed it. :)

6. Kayla says:

I don’t think I can get any more excited for this game than I already am! Thank you for sharing this!

7. Helena says:

Thank you for another wonderful audioblog, Raphael and Jacqui! :)

Mentioning the first week in March, ugh, it seems so far away! And Jacqui, we’re all eagerly awaiting info on the Horizon letter-Greenwish fund, so hopefully soon, you’ll be able to let us know how that’s going to happen. :D

8. JeffZero says:

Hey now, can’t let Raphael think it’s only just the gals who are grateful for these entries! :P

Thanks a million, Raphael. As someone who’s getting into voice acting when he’s finished up with school, you’re a tremendous inspiration. You have a great voice for the job and I study your work as Kaidan frequently.

9. Shoko says:

Every time there’s a new audio blog I get so excited..!! And it always delivers. Thank you guys so much. This is truly wonderful!! =]

Getting spoiled, with these lovely and frequent audio gifts – but I am not complaining! Thanks again to both Mr. Sbarge and @jaqui.

11. Portia says:

OMG I cannot wait!!!

12. Joni says:

Wow, ty both Jacqui and Raphael. We are truly spoiled and I appreciate you taking time to show us love. Looking forward to ME3 knowing we have a great and talented voice for our Kaidan <3

13. Meri says:

Exciting… Emotionally full… hmm OMFG ? :)
    Noooo but really, REALLY : I. CAN’T. FUCKING. WAIT ! *Q*
    Thanks to Mr. Sbarge, you make happy the little fangirl I am every time you speak ! x)?

14. maxon says:

Lovely – thanks again. 6th March – soooooo long.

15. Eccentrica says:

I think the word “sqeeeeeeeeee” fits my mood after listening to this. I can’t wait for ME3 and Kaidan. Why isn’t it March yet?

16. AmandaH says:

This – this is such an encouraging thing to hear! I have been more than a tad terrified that they were going to turn ME3 into a straight shooter to satisfy the bigwigs at EA and to target the $$$ of hauling in the COD/MW/GOW/First Person Shooter Super Redundant No Story crowd….